Oculus App Installation
Looking to set up a headset from Oculus? Luckily the set up for both Oculus Rift S and Oculus Rift + Touch is pretty similar. First you'll need to install the Oculus app to your computer.
- To download the Oculus software click here
- Scroll down to Oculus Rift S or Oculus Rift and click Download Software
- Once the download completes, run the OculusSetup.exe
- Open Oculus app and proceed through the sign in/login steps (tip: create an account that can be shared across the team)
- Once you've successfully logged in, in the side menu go to Settings > General > Allow Unknown Sources
Oculus Rift S Set Up
Before you get started it's always good to check that your Rift S and PC firmware and software are up to date. When you first start up the app or when you first plug the headset it any new updates will automatically pop up.
Plugin your headset
Your Oculus Rift S uses USB 3.0 and DisplayPort/Mini Displayport connectors to connect to your computer. Click here to go to the official Oculus support page to see the full list of compatible and non compatible connection types for your computer.
Set Up Play Area
You'll need to set up the play area each time you run a different VR session. If you've previously set up the Rift S with the same computer you won't need to run Device Setup again.
If the Guardian Setup doesn't automatically appear when you first plugin your headset go to Device > Click Rift S and Touch > Scroll down to Guardian Setup
Go to Oculus Support if you encounter troubleshoot or errors with installation.