The Inspace plugin for SketchUp can be found on the SketchUp Extension Warehouse. Inspace currently supports SketchUp versions 2018, 2019 and 2020. Please note: Inspace does not currently support Mac OS.
Installing Inspace from the SketchUp Extension Warehouse.
You can download and install the Inspace plugin directly within SketchUp through the extension warehouse by following these steps:
- In SketchUp, select Window > Extension Warehouse. The Extension Warehouse window appears.
- Search Inspace to bring up extensions available for different versions of SketchUp. Click to open the extension that corresponds to your version of SketchUp.
- Click Install. This will prompt a dialogue to pop up from SketchUp to warn you about the extension accessing the filesystem on your computer. Click Yes to proceed and install Inspace. (See manual installation steps below if you are having problems installing directly from the warehouse.)
- Once Inspace has been successfully installed, the Inspace gem appear in your toolbar.
- To manage the Inspace Exporter go to Window > Extension Manager.
Manually download and install SketchUp plugin from a web browser
You can download the Inspace plugin for SketchUp via a web browser and manually install it if you are running into installation errors or if the extension is having trouble accessing the file system on your computer.
The Inspace SketchUp extension page will show all versions of the plugin currently available.
Downloading the Inspace extension for SketchUp will package the file as an
.rbz which you can then manually add in SketchUp by following these steps:
- In SketchUp, select Window > Extension Manager. The Extension Manager window appears.
- Click the Install Extension button.
- In the Open dialog box that appears, navigate to the Inspace
.rbzfile saved to your computer, select the file, and click OK.
- SketchUp will warn you about installing only extensions from trusted sources. (We hope you trust us. If not, we hope you trust SketchUp because they've signed and approved our plugin :)) Click Yes to proceed and install your extension.