Importing a project from ArchiCAD
Currently Inspace accepts .FBX or .OBJ files types from ArchiCAD.
- Open your ArchiCAD project and open up a 3D view.
- Go to File> Save As. In the windows dialogue make sure that Save as type is set to .fbx which is a compatible file type with Inspace. (Older version of ArchiCAD don't have an .fbx option so set the save as type to an .OBJ file.)
- Additional export options will pop up. Here you can include or exclude textures, and optimise your file for VR. Click OK when ready.
4. Launch Inspace and sign in to the project manager scene.
5. In Project Management screen, click Create New Project> Select .FBX/.OBJ. Click open.
6. You can rename your project here or simply click Create. A new project tile will immediately popup in the project manager. Double click to launch project.
7. If the model is rotated about the wrong axis, go to Settings > Set Up and Preferences to rotate and/or flip the mode. The measure tool in the toolbar up top will also give you a gauge on whether the scale is correct. To adjust the scale of the model use Display Units.